Resident Selection Criteria
Terms of Application Agreement
The following is a list of our rental criteria and general process. Rentifi Property Management accepts all applications therefore, we will process all applications for consideration as to what we (in our sole discretion) deem the best applicant, which may not necessarily be the first application received. The applications submitted are not considered complete until:
- All applicants for the unit have applied.
- All information required has been submitted to Rentifi Property Management.
The following is a general list of information required for all applicants; some applicants may be required to submit information beyond this list.
- Valid Government issued ID
- Valid Pay stubs for a three-month period
- Pet Acknowledgement Application completed
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- All Adult applicants 18 or older must submit a fully completed, dated and signed residency application and fee. Applicant must provide proof of identity. A non-refundable application fee of $75 will be required per adult. Applicant may be required to be approved by a condo/homeowner's association and may have to pay an additional application fee or an additional security or damage deposit.
- Pet Policy: Rentifi Property Management requires EVERYONE to complete a third-party Pet Acknowledgement Application regardless of pet status. There is no fee to anyone that does not own a pet or animal. The fee to applicants with a pet(s) is $20.00 for the first pet profile and $15.00 for each additional pet profile. There is no fee for assistance animals.
- Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least (3x) three times the monthly rent. We reserve the right to require a co-signer. A minimum of two years residential rental history is required.
- Credit history and or Civil Court Records must not contain judgments, eviction filing, or bankruptcy within the past 7 years.
- Self-employed applicants may be required to produce upon request 2 years of tax returns or 1099s and non-employed individuals must provide verifiable proof of income.
- All sources of other income must be verifiable if needed to qualify for a rental unit.
- Criminal records must contain no convictions for crimes involving violence, assault or battery, drug manufacturing or firearms within the past seven years and no sexual offenses ever. In the event a record comes back "adjudication withheld", “nolle prosse,” or “adjudication deferred,” further documentation may be required and applicant may be denied on this basis.
- Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, no unpaid NSF checks, and no damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean and without damage at time of lease termination.
- No pets (with the exception of medically necessary pets for the benefit of the occupant(s)) of any kind are permitted without specific written permission of landlord in the lease document, an addendum to lease, a non-refundable pet fee acceptable to landlord and/or an additional pet deposit or additional security deposit. Fees and deposits are waived for medically necessary pets.
- A minimum non-refundable property preparation fee may be charged at to the Resident(s) at time of leasing the property. It will be used at the end of your lease term to cover any needed cleaning, carpet cleaning and rekeying. Other mandatory minimum fees for cleaning, carpet cleaning, rekeying etc. may be charged as per the lease. Resident(s) shall still be liable for amounts for damages, cleaning, rekeying etc. that exceed this non-refundable property preparation fee or minimum fees.
- All applicants must see the interior of the property before an application can be submitted. The property must be accepted in, "AS IS" condition before an application can be accepted.
- Applicants will be required to pay a security deposit at the time of lease execution in a minimum amount of one month's rent. We reserve the right to require a higher security deposit and/or additional prepaid rent.
- All initial funds, the holding deposit - first months rent and security deposit must be paid by cashiers check or money order payable to "Rentifi Property Management". Subsequent months thereafter may be paid online or by check per the terms of your lease agreement.
- Rentifi Property Management may require a holding or good faith deposit to be collected to hold a property off the market. In the event the application is approved and applicant fails to enter into a lease, the applicant shall forfeit this deposit. In the event the application is approved, this deposit shall be applied to the required security deposit.
- No rental property will be held vacant for more than two (2) weeks, unless approved by Rentifi Property Management.
- Any exceptions to our company's criteria will need to be submitted in writing to the rental agent for presentation to the landlord for consideration. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security, co-signers, and/or additional advance rent payments may be required.
- Be honest and truthful in your application and answer all questions. Any falsification of facts or withholding of information requested on the application is cause for denial. If the falsification of facts is revealed after a lease has been signed, this is a reasonable cause for eviction.
- There are times when a company would like to rent a property in the company name. In those instances, we will require an individual to also be on the lease as a responsible party, either as an occupant lease holder or co-signer. This may be a principal of the company or the employee who is living at the property. The person who is responsible for the lease must qualify by our conventional scoring criteria. For occupant/non-leaseholders we require a criminal background check as part of the application.
Where applicable, this contract is subject to and contingent upon the prospective tenant(s) being approved by the condominium/homeowner’s association. The prospective Resident(s) will pay any application fee(s) required by the condominium/homeowner’s association and make application for association approval within 3 days from the effective date of this contract. Occupancy shall not be permitted prior to association approval. In the event that the prospective Resident(s) are not approved by the association and/or Rentifi Property Management, this contract will terminate, and all deposits and application fees paid herewith shall be forfeited by the prospective Resident(s). The non-refundable application fees paid to the association and to Rentifi Property Management are not refundable under any circumstance.
- Keys will be released on the first (1st) day of occupancy as stated in the lease agreement. Request for keys earlier must be accompanied with additional pro-rated rent and must have Rentifi Property Management's prior approval.
- No pets (with the exception of legally defined emotional support or service animals) of any kind are permitted without the specific written permission of Rentifi Property Management and an additional Non-refundable pet fee of $300.00 for the first pet and $150 for each additional pet including a $20 per month per pet, pet rent. Some properties may require higher fees or higher rent amounts. If a higher fee or rent amount is required, you will be notified once the pet application has been processed. The following pets will not be accepted under any circumstances, GERMAN SHEPHERDS, DOBERMANS, PIT BULLS, CHOWS, ROTTWEILLERS, AKITAS, MALAMUTE, AMERICAN BULL TERRIER/AMERICAN BULLDOG, AMERICAN STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER, COYOTES AND WILD DOGS, HYBRID AND PUREBRED WOLVES, KOREAN JINDU, PRESA CANARIO, HUSKY, OR STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIER.
- Once your application has been approved and your possession date is scheduled, you are responsible for contacting the utility companies to start service in your name on the date your tenancy begins. Keys will not be released until proof of utility transfer.
- At Rentifi Property Management, we require our tenants to hold Renters Insurance. In the case of damage to the unit, the owner has insurance to cover the structure. However, we require you to cover your belongings and guests for injuries.
Thank you for applying to Rentifi Property Management!