We strive to get your investment rented quickly, but feel it is important to get the RIGHT tenant versus the FAST tenant! Spending time up front and finding the BEST tenant for your rental creates a good experience all around, versus one that is stressful and frustrating.
Oftentimes people think they just need to do a quick credit check and verify employment but there’s more to it than that. Our high quality tenant screening process digs deeper.
We gather extensive information on the following:
- Verify photo identification for all applicants 18 years and older
- National and local background check for criminal, sex offender, and terrorist offenses
- Pull credit report and full payment history
- Review history of collection accounts and judgments
- Review unlawful detainer/eviction history
- Verify income
- Contact employer to verify employment
- Gather pay stubs, tax return and bank statements
- Confirm rental history
- Contact past landlords to ask about renter’s behavior, payment history, notice to vacate, property condition, and any nuisance issues
- Inform tenants who were turned down with proper form(s) and documentation.
We also prepare and oversee the process for Tenant Move-In and Move-out
- Draw up leasing agreement
- Confirm move-in date with tenant(s)
- Review lease guidelines with tenant(s) regarding things like rental payment terms and required property maintenance
- Ensure all agreements have been properly executed
- Perform detailed move-in condition report with pictures and/or video
- Collect first month’s rent and security deposit
- Ensure tenant changes utilities into their name according to lease terms
- Inspect unit and perform detailed move-out condition report with pictures and/or video
- Provide tenant with a copy of estimated damages
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant (if applicable)
- Forward any portion of the owner’s portion of the tenant deposit to the owner or hold in owner reserves for repairs
- Clean unit and perform any needed repairs or upgrades
- Re-key the locks and place lockbox on door
- Put the property back on the market for rent
Curious about renting your property? Get a FREE rental analysis for your property – and find out how much you could be making each month.